Martin Evans

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" wrote:

Andy Dingley wrote:

Not for much longer -- I hope we've all written to our MPs in protest at
the idea of satellite tracking all cars in the UK.

Silver foil on the antennae/reciever.
Won't be difficult to lose a GPS signal, or swamp the tiddlywatt signal
with a few watts of spurious emissions on the right frequency.

Can't see what all the paranoia is about, it will never take off or be
policeable, and evasive techniques will be so simple.

I doubt they will but we might get lucky and Crapita will do the
"implementation"

:-)

Unless you only keep to back roads in the middle of nowhere, when you
loose the GPS signal and pass a big brother monitoring point your
vehicle will be identified either by the number plates or by something
like RFID. Maybe you will be able to pass one or two monitoring
points with the GPS out of service and get away with it but do it
regularly you have got to expect a visit from Mr Big to probe your
black box.

GPS signals are also by design remarkably immune to "a few watts of
spurious emissions on the right frequency"