Owen Lawrence

"jo4hn" wrote in message
nk.net...
Robert Bonomi wrote:
[application of verbiage-icide]
There are many other corruptions, but they violate the basic form of the
Limerick -- lines 1, 2, and 5 must have 3 groups of matched syllables.
and lines 3 and 4 must have 2 groups of matced syllables.

A wonderful / bird is the / pelican,
His beak will hold / more than his / belican.
He can take / in his beak
Food enough / for a week,
Damned if I / see how the / helican.

There was a young bard from Japan
Whose limericks never would scan.
When told it was so
He said, "Yes I know,
But I make it a rule to always try to get as many words into the last line
of a limerick as I possibly can."

I can't believe it! I only have a handful of these rhymes in my head, stuck
there by some buddies in junior high school all those years ago. I have
never heard them since, yet you guys got all of them. Except this one,
which is maybe a bit of a stretch from the others, but somebody here might
share my sense of humour:

I beat my head against the wall,
My eyes turn 'round and 'round.
I smash my brains until I fall
And lie there on the ground.

It often comes to mind when I'm trying to program this blasted computer...

- Owen -