lgb

In article ,
says...

Aikenheads on Temperance street in downtown Toronto. Man, does that bring
back memories. Bought my first tablesaw there when I was 18 years old. 10
years later when I wound up in a wheelchair, I was still able to get to all
five storeys of that building because they had an elevator. Back then, that
was unusual for a low rise building. I spent countless hours buying and
window shopping at Aikenheads.

Sounds like Belknap Hardware in Louisville when I was growing up.
Several floors, floor to ceiling drawers and cabinets in row after row.
And always some clerk who looked like he'd been there forever and knew
exactly what was in every drawer and where it was :-).

Really irritates me that places like that are gone.

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever