SteveB

"footy" wrote in message
Gee, that's useful! Just what do you disagree with, asshole.

I am ass-u-ming that you are referring to my comments in the previous post
of :

"footy" wrote in message
What you lack is experience. You shouldn't have to grind the weld itself.
If you use straight CO2 you might have to grind a little spatter. Using
75/25 Argon/CO2 you should have little or no cleanup.

I can tell you don't do a lot of welding.

Steve

You, see, when you post the conversation, it is easier to follow than just
taking one line of a conversation and spewing, which you did, and which
makes no sense to anyone reading one line of spew.

Now, to your point about welding. MIG (GMAW - Gas Metal Arc Welding - is
the technical name, but you knew that, right?) welding can be pretty, and
even, and not need cleanup. But, if there is ANY contamination from oil,
dirt, paint, poor fitup, infiltration of ambient air from the rear of the
weld, or interruption of the shielding gas by air currents, there can be
porosity in the weld that needs to be dressed up. (ground)

You seem to slam others for not being experienced, yet in your own
statements exhibit that you lack the experience needed to state the obvious
regarding porosity in MIG welds.

Steve, who has been welding since 1974, topside, underwater, and in the
dark. ;-)