Prometheus

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:05:08 -0400, "George" wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote in message
.. .

It just doesn't work. We can not and should not fight China with guns
and bombs, but thinking that giving them all our money and
manufacturing capability is going to make them change their ways is
just foolish.

You have to fight them with ideas. It's a systematized belief - for all
practical purposes a religion. It's conversion you're after.

Letting people have the first taste of greater return for their individual
labor is usually enough to convince them that it ought always to be so. Had
the USSR been able to bite the ideological bullet and get some incentive in
the system ....

If you're lucky, you're right. If you're not, you just gave all the
tools and weaponry to the wrong people. I'd rather keep the factories
here.