mac davis

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:24:30 -0400, Q47M wrote:

I have had a Jet 1442 for about two years now and been very well
pleased. I my opinion it is the best lathe in it's price range.
There was originally a little problem with the speed control but with
use it went away. I try to turn somethig everyday, large bowles to
garden dibbles, so it gets a lot of use and I have had no problems. My
first lathe was Delta 1440, it was pretty bad, not even in the same
ballpark as the Jet. If I upgrade it will probably be PowerMatic 3520.
Enjoy your new lathe..

LB

thanks, LB... you reinforced my (ok, my wife's) decision to pass on the Delta
and pay the extra $200 for the Jet..

So far I've turned about a dozen bowls on it and I'm lovin' it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing