Gary Wooding

Wayne wrote:
In case anyone is interested I found that KB electronics
has one that works well. It is a model KBN2-2203-1.
For the jog you need to add a diode over to the run.
The only thing I don't like about it is the fan is annoying.

I also talked to a Mitsubishi rep that said they had a model
that would work, but you'd have to reset if you used the foot
brake.

Wayne D.

I'd like to locate a VFD that would support all the controls
that are currently on my lathe.
It seems VFD's will support maintained contacts or momentary
contacts, but not both at the same time.
Some drives will support a remote panel, but then you can't
connect the lathe switches.

This is what I have and what I am looking for.
- Maintained Forward switch N.O. - Motor should run forward while on,
turn
off while off.
- Maintained Reverse switch. N.O. - Motor should run reverse while
on, turn
off while off.
- Momentary foot brake switch N.C. - Output to motor should cease.
VFD shouldn't have to be restarted. If one of the forward/reverse
switches
were left on, they should have to be turned off, then on again to
restart
the motor.
- Stop switch. N.C. - Currently in series with foot brake switch.
This one could cause the VFD to turn off, requiring a reset.
If one of the forward/reverse switches
were left on, they should have to be turned off, then on again to
restart
the motor.
- Momentary Jog N.O. - Run motor in forward while closed.
- Remote panel showing frequency. It should also allow speed
changes.

Does anyone know of a VFD that will support these functions?
So far I haven't been able to locate one. I have a feeling
it doesn't exist.

Thanks,
Wayne

Take a look at the Mitsubishi S500 series of Inverters - from what I
remember, they do all that you require. But the documentation is fairly
impenetrable.

--

Regards, Gary Wooding