Edwin Pawlowski

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I have a 5 gallon plastic gasoline can that I use to fill lawn mowers,
blowers, chipper/shredder, etc. The screw mechanism has a rubber ring
on the spout that is supposed to seal against the seat, but every time
I fill a tank a few drops (sometimes more) leak out. The rubber ring
has a slit on the inside that fits around the spout bottom to hold it
in place. Any fixes for this other than buy a new tank?

Make a new gasket. Any good hardware store or industrial supply will have
gasket material. You probably already own a pair of scissors so you have
all the tools you need.