Jason D.

Default Let talk: TN50X81 (chassis TAC9960), convergence stuff

Hi all, I have a set in for "shut down" with LED flashing. Quickly
traced to the "protect" pulling up on shutdown. Tried convergence
power disconnected and tv fired up. Bingo. Unsoldered both
STK392-110 IC so I can make sure the convgerence generator module
(stand up long retangular metal box) is outputting six correct signals
to STK392 ICs. Aha several were badly distorted or almost gone,
except two out of four were good. Opened it up showed several ICs and
pulled down two datasheets on both ICs. Other than that, one big
square SMD Toshiba IC.

Will finish isolating to specific IC failures tomorrow hopefully.

Six PCM56P (D/A converters)
Three MC33079D (Quad opamps)

Which IC is most likely to fail? MC33079D or PCM56P?

This is remarkable that I did this without schematic.

Cheers, Wizard