alexy

WillR wrote:

The Deft (Polymerized tung) I mentioned seems to be pretty nice as well.

I thought Deft was a brushing lacquer. But it has been a long time
since I used it. Am I thinking of something else?

The Deft Tung Oil showed up some curl in the cherry and the maple on my
latest jewel box -- will post pictures on my site later tonite. Did not
show up as well as a dye would have -- but then I did not even know it
was present...

Okay. Looks like you are talking about Deftoil? Looking at their web
page leaves you wondering exactly what it is. I don't see anything
saying that it is polymerized Tung Oil. On the product page at
http://www.deftfinishes.com/wood/deftoil.htm they say it is a
penetrating Tung Oil and Urethane mix. on the spec sheet at
http://www.deftfinishes.com/wood/protech/deftoil.htm it says that the
resin type is "Linseed Oil, Oil Modified Urethane"

BTW, the Deft I was thinking of is their clear wood finish, a brushing
lacquer.