Harold and Susan Vordos

"Wayne" wrote in message
news
Well Harold, I'm reporting in as you asked on a previous post.
If you recall I ordered a Quincy V325 5hp because you
recommended it highly.
I've had it for about a month now and like it very much.
I can get air now without even having to turn it on.

It is louder than its replacement, but it is a different
sound which isn't as annoying. Plus it doesn't run as
long as the old one. I did get the air filter/silencer combo.
It is located in my utility room, the sound of it easily
carries into the living room. My better half says no complaints
about it running.
I may get one of the intake silencers later.

My previous one was a horizontal, put between the washer/drier
and the opposite wall. The horizontal Quincy was too big to
fit there. The vertical works out, but you have to jog around
it to get to the washer/drier. Better half said that was ok.
Turn out she kept hitting one of the pipes on the old one all
these years & never mentioned it. I also have to redo all the
shelving on the wall.

It sometimes leaks air (slowly, 10 lbs a day), sometimes it
holds pretty good. I'm told the valves have to seat in.

Thanks for the recommendation,
Wayne D.

Hey Wayne,

I'm relieved to find your happy with the purchase. It's sort of risky
going out on a limb telling the other guy how to spend his money, but I've
been so pleased with my Quincy that I couldn't imagine anyone else not
sharing at least a similar feeling.

You're a lucky guy, Wayne. I have a wife like yours, too. We're living in
our shop while we're building our retirement home, with my lathe and mill
just on the other side of some temporary cabinets, which are all the
separate us from the chips, and not all that well. She has never complained,
even when she finds chips on the bed after I've run a fly cutter, or roughed
something on the lathe. Do you wonder how many women would put up with
guys like us?

The leakage in an interesting thing. My system will often hold air for
days, yet there are days when the compressor may cycle a time or two. I
never turn it off unless we leave town, and I blow it down (just long enough
to eliminate any water that has collected) almost daily. I have the blow
down system in a manifold assembly that dumps outside the rear of our shop,
so it's not messy, and the noise is a non-issue because we live in the
middle of 5-1/2 acres of wooded land.

If you leave an air hose connected to your line, you might check it for
minor leaks. I've found that's where my air usually goes. The valve
often closes, but not perfectly. A quick push and rapid release of the
button (trigger) usually stops the leakage. It often is so slight I can't
feel it, but you can hear it when you place the nozzle near your ear.
(Don't pull the trigger while doing that!) :-)

Harold