Rolling Thunder

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:10:11 GMT, "MG" wrote:

I have a ceiling fan that hums badly. Is not dimmed is running at full
speed or one notch down with the pull chain. Is not a 120Hz buzz but a slow
hum modulated by the blade position. In other words the hum changes
cyclically around the blade circle. It is not mechanical because it stop
immediately after cutting power.

Any idea on what to look for when I get it down?

Thanks

MG

Maybe the starting capacitor; especially if an old unit.
In the US, the AC is at 60 Hz which is a fairly low
frequency. The fan speed is likely a harmonic of
60 Hz as well.

Thunder