Martin Evans

Pete C wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:38:42 +0100, Martin Evans
wrote:

Adrian C wrote:

"The pins which hold the foot pedals in place may fall out, leaving
the driver unable to brake or declutch"

You actually think that something like this would occur and no
compulsory recall be carried out? Honest John probably has the worst
collection of misinformation this side of Dr Evil.

I'm not so sure, see:

http://www.officerjason.com/

But that would never happen in this country as the coppers are going
that fast no one could catch them - its ok though they are just
training for real world situations.
http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/m...9/nspeed19.xml
in case anyone missed "one of our finest" being let off for doing
159mph by the wonderful justice system we have in the UK. Yet let your
speed creep up by a few mph on a deserted motorway and Joe Public is
ripped off for yet another 60 quid in scamera tax.

Going back to "officer jason"
"Phoenix officer Jason Schechterle might have walked away from his
100-mph rear-end collision with just two cracked ribs, but for the
resulting fire, which left him with scarring from 4th degree burns"

Excuse me a 100mph rear end crash and you expect to get out unscathed?
Two cracked ribs or not most sane people would have got out before
they got barbequed. But crap engineering or not, unless they start
building Formula 1 type fuel cells into cars then the fuel tank is
quite likely to leak a bit when rear ended even with a huge crumple
zone and placement of the fuel tank as far forward as practicable.
They should start sticking it under the drivers seat if drivers are
really concerned about being burnt in a car accident, by then you
won't care if its frying tonight.