John Smith

Default bbc2 series - homes, interiors and style

What is truly depressing nowadays is that if you DON'T paint your house all
beige, chuck out most of your furniture and replace it with a beige sofa no
one will want to buy your house.

Instead of people going into a house, using their own imaginations and
thinking what potential it has they now expect to see showroom conditions
even in a 100 plus year old house.

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"John Smith" wrote:

BTW, anyone else notice that for the last 18 months all these shows have
been telling people to paint everything beige/cream and now, only this

week,
one show that had preached this message was saying how awful everything
painted, um, beige/cream is!

I get depressed when I watch that House Doctor program. That woman takes
people's homes and turns them into 3 star hotel rooms. Beige walls,
anonymous pictures, no evidence of individuality. I find it depressing
that people looking at houses can't see possibilities without being
presented with what is a bland canvas.

I would love a program following up these house buyers a couple of years
down the line. I bet that 3 star hotel room look is gone in most of them.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.