Steve Peterson

"Wayne" wrote in message
news
Well Harold, I'm reporting in as you asked on a previous post.
If you recall I ordered a Quincy V325 5hp because you
recommended it highly.
I've had it for about a month now and like it very much.
I can get air now without even having to turn it on.

It is louder than its replacement, but it is a different
sound which isn't as annoying. Plus it doesn't run as
long as the old one. I did get the air filter/silencer combo.
It is located in my utility room, the sound of it easily
carries into the living room. My better half says no complaints
about it running.
I may get one of the intake silencers later.

My previous one was a horizontal, put between the washer/drier
and the opposite wall. The horizontal Quincy was too big to
fit there. The vertical works out, but you have to jog around
it to get to the washer/drier. Better half said that was ok.
Turn out she kept hitting one of the pipes on the old one all
these years & never mentioned it. I also have to redo all the
shelving on the wall.

It sometimes leaks air (slowly, 10 lbs a day), sometimes it
holds pretty good. I'm told the valves have to seat in.

Thanks for the recommendation,
Wayne D.

Wayne, you must have a pretty mellow wife to put up with an air compressor
in the house.
Steve