Can't remember if I'm thinking of 7013, 14 or 18, but whatever "wuss rod"
is, I think I prefer 6013 to it... just lay it down and slide it on across.
701x seems to like a longer arc.

I believe you are thinking of 7014 when you are refering to "cheater's"
or "farmer's" rod. Like many of the other rods, different companys'
7014 will run differently, and some will even make several types that
can all be loosely defined as 7014. It's worth it to try several
different brands to see what you like. It's also worth noting that
the same rod in 3/32 may perform differently at 1/8 or 5/32 on the
same machine, or the same rod can behave quite differently on different

machines. Personally, I find all the 70xx easier to run than any of
the 60xx, on my machine, with my current skill level. Need I even
say YMMV?

As for 7018 (low hydrogen, LoHi), if you have an AC-only buzzbox,
it's worth getting the 7018AC over the straight 7018, it makes a
quite noticable difference.

--Glenn Lyford