B.B.

In article ,
"Wild Bill" wrote:

I didn't see any pricing shown at the 4 distributor sites I looked at. My
search was "ARO air tools" (with quotes), and the results included a
reference to the ARO site (which is partnered with Ingersol Rand now).

http://www.arozone.com/Tool/ind_tools_over.html
BTW, the site has tool repair kits and service manual PDFs available

I looked at the standard grade drills PDF and saw that the drill chuck sizes
are up to 3/8" capacity, but not really a problem since the chuck spindle is
threaded 3/8"-24 tpi, so a 1/2" chuck will fit on easily.
The production-duty drills have chucks up to 1/2".

The old drill I have hasn't seen much use in recent years, but still
operates as well as it did when I got it (used) back in the '70s. Rugged old
tool, no plastic to be seen on it.

WB

Well, I went ahead and ordered the CP drill I was eyeing. One of the
guys I work with has had his since the 80's without any trouble, and the
tool truck guys at our shop can both get CP parts pretty easily.
Besides, the sale was about to end on it, and it would be $250 instead
of $160.
Oh well, if this drill is a lemon I'll give ARO a shot then. Or on
down the line when I need/get an air grinder.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/