Phil Addison

On 8 Jun 2005 06:36:54 -0700, in uk.d-i-y wrote:

its sold for use on vitreous toilets, (tesco limescale removing toilet
cleaner) and leaves them looking pretty good, so I think it would be
ok. Whether it can be used on plastic baths I dont know.

I would check before advising it for enamel though. Many years ago I
used a proprietary limescale remover on a Colston dishwasher, which in
those days had an enamelled steel innards. I can't recall the make but
it left the white enamel with dark patches which felt less smooth than
the surrounding area. I have no idea what was in the descaler.

Is an enamel coating essentially different from ceramic ware?

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me