David

One other idea I've had is to keep thinning the shellac until I can get
a final coat that goes on perfectly. I've only got to get about a 1/2
square foot of it (the top) perfect... I'm using around a 1 lb cut
(guessing) now.

Dave

Steve Peterson wrote:

What is it? Might depend on how it will be used. Try a final coat a wax.

Steve

"David" wrote in message

After numerous light coats of shellac on walnut, I'm unable to remove the
light residue from the pores from either: dry sanding with 1000, wet
sanding 1000, gray or white pads. The shellac leaves residue in the pores
that I can't wipe out with a wet rag or by vacuuming. To remove them I
have to recoat. The problem is the sheen isn't PERFECT, so I still need
to buff the final coat. I tried wet pumice (dark gray) but the sheen
isn't what I want.

solution?

Dave