J. Clarke

Upscale wrote:

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
Makes me think of Babylon 5, the SciFi series. One episode was a
million years in the future where someone was documenting our sun
finally

burning
out.

Off the top of my head, I think the number is closer to 2.5 billion
years.

Actual estimation or the number of years in Babylon 5? In any event, I
thought it was a pretty neat series. Sorry to see it end.

Actual estimation--depending on who you talk to it could be 5 billion to the
red giant stage. And at that stage if we haven't done something we're all
dead--Earth is going to be inside the sun at that point. So is Mars.

But that is so far off that most people think that it means "never".

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate