Upscale

"Prometheus" wrote in message
plants really can't be making much waste- can they? I really have no
idea, so don't go jumping down my throat about it- I'm just curious.
If a spent fuel rod is fairly small, and we can get a whole lot of
them in a concrete and lead-lined bunker, who cares if it has to sit
for a while until we find a use for them? Put 'em next to all the
nuke silos, and you don't even have to have extra guards...

Brings to mind all the garbage that Toronto, Ontario is shipping down to a
landfill in Michigan while they're shipping all their spent fuel rods for
storage up here in Ontario. If I had to pick living besides one or the
other, I'd choose the landfill even if they say that the spent fuel rods are
safely stored.