Prometheus

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:03:48 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
Prometheus wrote:

[ snippage]

but now that you mention it,
buying Chinese supports communism.

Bingo. Glad to see somebody is awake.

Or perhaps it supports corruption of the Communist system by forcing them to
compete with capitalism?

Hmm... Giving a communist government a juicy market for cheap goods
extorted from a population with few legal rights so that they can
remain in power is corrupting them? Why in the hell do we have an
economic embargo against Cuba, then? Since it's such a small country,
buying everything Castro can get out of his population would be bound
to turn the place into the very model of capitalism in a matter of
months- except you're forgetting that there is no such thing as
signifigant private property in a communist society.

It just doesn't work. We can not and should not fight China with guns
and bombs, but thinking that giving them all our money and
manufacturing capability is going to make them change their ways is
just foolish.