Prometheus

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:33:46 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

In article ,
Prometheus wrote:

[snipperectomy]

Not only that, but it's just plain
spiffy.

Its spiffiness becomes amplified when you bolt a couple of nuclear
generators onto a new set of cross-country electrified high-speed double
track railroads and get all them damned trucks and busses off the road.
That alone will be a huge step in the right direction.
BTW.. build in some accountability in that new system, i.e. Do Not
privatize it. Staff the whole damn thing with military vets.

Yeah. I know a lot of people say they'd never part with their
vehicles, and I doubt I'd sell mine just because I had another option,
but if I could take a train to the city I work in, and a bus from the
depot to the shop, I sure as hell wouldn't be driving 60+ miles a day.
When I lived in the metro area (in MN), I used the bus to commute
every day, and it was great. Instead of getting ****ed off at the
gridlock, I sat and read a book.

Efficient transportation running off of a clean power source.

And while I'm at it, outlaw or tax the bejeezus out of all privately
owned vehicles over 2500 pounds with engines bigger than 2 litres.