JohnM

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
DeepDiver wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

I hadn't heard of "PMC" (Precious Metal Clay) before. Live and learn,
it looks like pretty interesting stuff, sort of like powder met
without a press:

http://www.silversmithing.com/1clay.htm

If you think that's cool, check this out:

http://www.bathsheba.com/sculpt2/process/index.html

The company that produces this "Direct Metal Printing" technology is
ProMetal:

http://www.prometal.com/

- Michael

Sounds like we're getting closer and closer to developing the fabled
"Santa Claus Machine"...

You know, the one where you dump raw materials in a hopper at the top
and anything you need made, from a brick to a toaster oven, comes
tumbling out a chute a few moments later.

Jeff

Yeah, the Universal Fabricator.. I don't remember if it's been discussed
here or not, I was doing some random googling a while back and there's a
guy (arizona, maybe) has a machine like a giant printer and it shoots
concrete. Multiple layers builds a house for you, seems it said two days
for 1000 sq. ft.

There's also smaller machines doing the same thing with plastic, they
can build stuff with ball joints that are built in the assembled position.

I think this was discussed here, googling the group might find it..

John