Doug Miller

In article .com, wrote:
My answer was for an attic area designed for limited or no storage area.

"Then you should have said so. Even in that case, the Code still has
specific
requirements beyond simply "keep[ing] them away from anywhere that
someone may
step on them"

Give us a break Doug. The vast majority of attics are not designed
for storage and have limited access.

That may be a regional thing. I've lived in the Midwest all my life, and most
of the attics I've seen *are* designed for storage, and have easy access.

And the OP was asking about
installing am attic fan, which also sounds like a typical thing done in
an attic that offers limited access.

It's a typical thing for an attic that's too hot. Ease of access has nothing
to do with it.

If anything, it's you Doug who
should have clarified the question before giving advice.

Maybe you should read a bit more carefully before you criticise.

I made two responses: one to the OP, who asked if various wiring practices
were permitted by Code (they aren't, and I told him so), and the other to a
guy who told him that they are (he's wrong, and I told him so).

--
Regards,