RP

Jeff Bulach wrote:
Hi,

I have just moved into a house about 40 years old. Very nice condition and
was a good buy. There anyway to modify the fan motor so when heat or air is
required will torque up to a higher RPM.

I had this in my previous house and it was great.

You can adversely affect your system's performance as well as indoor
comfort by injudiciously changing the blower speed.
Motors that have multiple speed taps are designed to allow for
maximizing performance and/or to allow the same motor to be used for
multiple applications. Increased blower speed will result in less
effective air filtration and greater air noise.

hvacrmedic

I admit I have not done
too much research on the motor, so this question is just for feelers and
help.

Thanks.

Jeff