Curly Sue

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:05:30 -0700, Joshua Putnam
wrote:

We have an LG Tromm front-loader that's both washer and dryer in one
unit. We first looked at it to save space, which it certainly does,
but it has other benefits, too.

It uses very little water, especially on less-soiled cycles. Unlike
some front-loaders, the water level never gets above the door seal,
so you can stop it and add something mid-load.

It uses a different drying system than a standard tumble-dry machine,
the clothes aren't continuously tumbled and don't fray off gobs of
lint in every load. The other advantage of the drying system is that
it doesn't need a blower vent, the water vapor is condensed and goes
down the drain.

If the dryer doesn't tumble, do the clothes come out wrinkled? I
stayed at a friend's house in Germany years ago and observed the
effects of a non-tumbling dryer. I was horrified at the baked-in
wrinkles. I can deal with lint. Ironing, not so much.

Sue(tm)