fish

Gideon,

thanks for the suggestions, come to think of it I do know of a guy who
repairs mowers, maybe he knows where I can get this part. But no, I
havent checked for this part brand new, I am sure I can get it but I
got a feeling it might be $50.+.

Fish.

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 01:32:26 GMT, "Gideon" wrote:

Fish,

Is the part no longer available for your particular mower?

I don't have a part to sell, but I've got a few suggestions:

1) If you locate the leak, then it is quite possible that
you can repair it. A fiberglass repair kit is one possible
method.
2) You can check with a few lawn mower repair places
and ask if they have a tank for you from a "parts mower"
that they have around.
3) You can mention you situation to those trash pickers
who drive around on trash day, sifting through the
trash and grabbing items for resale. They may be able
to sell you a gas tank.
4) You might ask around to see if anybody knows an old
retired guy who fixes mowers out of his shed or garage.
One in our neighborhood has parts stacked all over the
place. Folks give him old mowers, he purchases parts
at auctions, etc.

Good luck,
Gideon