Pop

Drain the pool and repair it. Or call in help; they'll
have more access fofr water to refill it quickly.
Even if you could breathe thru a hose at that
depth, you'd shortly become light headed and possibly
faint or lose track of your orientation. Unless you
have a scube outfit and knew how to dive, even scuba
would be dangerous.

Call for help; don't take unnecessary chances.
They'll know how to fix it safely.
wrote in message
oups.com...
The drain cover came off, it is in the deep end and I
need to get down
and screw it back on. I am foolhardy to even consider
this but could I
dive down and use a garden hose to breathe through?
Or should I call a
professional. I don't drain the pool so that is not
an option.

thanks,
Eric