The Natural Philosopher

Tim Lamb wrote:

In message ,
writes

Incidentally to get back to the initial topic, I think a standard bale
is 16" wide, so with an 1" od daub on either side the overall
thickness would be 18"?

18" wide he-)

I rather doubt the packing density available from a conventional baler
would allow such a wall to support anything other than itself. I suppose
some form of *glue* could be introduced during the baling operation much
as we currently inject additives for round baling silage.

A barn stored 2 storey stack of bales sinks by at least 150mm. This may
be once only but I don't keep them long enough to find out.

I think that is probably when they dry out fully.

However it would be interesting to see what strenght a baled wall has.

regards