Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
writes:

Solvents
--------

Nitromors: Methylene chloride, paint and varnish stripper. Produces
fumes

attacks some plastics etc (friend of sprog's tried to remove unsuccessful
paint job from model boat with it, ended up destroying plastic of boat)

When I was repainting the front of my house, I took the house
numbers off which had several coats of paint on them, and
put them in a dish of methylene chloride paint stripper.
When I went to retrieve them 10 minutes later, they were gone.

When I was in my last year at school, someone else in my year
had a nasty accident with methylene chloride (at home, not in
the school). He was using it to strip the paint off his bicycle.
He was overcome by the fumes and collapsed into the bowl of paint
stripper. I don't know what happened, and he didn't reappear at
school before I left.

--
Andrew Gabriel