J. Clarke

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
"J. Clarke" wrote:

Simple fact--Americans like big cars. If we can't have big cars we'll
take big trucks.

We know this. That is the root of the problem. It is irresponsible to be
blowing that much of a finite resource for absolutely no reason other
than the gratification of spoiled consumers. The feed that those
monsters run on is going to run out.

The feed that mo-peds run on is also going to run out. So what? You think
that economizing is going to change that?

I guess we'll leave that for our kids to worry about?

And you think that if everybody drives little bitty cars the oil won't ever
run out? Or do you favor leaving it to your kids' kids? How is that
better?

When the price of oil rises to such a level that something else is
economically preferable then we'll stop burning oil. So far it hasn't
happened.

Just asking questions..Thassall..

--
--John