skuke

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:36:28 -0400, Ken Vale wrote:

I have a thread here I can't find a standard size for, it is off of my
bicycle (an older non-high performance Norco mountain bike, it was made
in Taiwan). The nut holding the crankshaft on is stripped, the threaded
rod is 0.385 inches (measured with a digital caliper) and looks to be
about 20 TPI (sorry don't have a thread gauge at home). A 3/8 fine nut
will not fit on (which is what my boss thought it would be looking at
the stripped nut, though the stripped nut did fit on a 3/8 fine bolt).
Anyone have an idea on the thread size I need so I can buy or make a new
nut?
Ken

Might get a better thread measurement by measuring the distance of 10
threads and dividing by ten for metric thread pitch. ....much easier than
measuring two adjacent threads.
--
Skuke
Reverse the domain name to send email