Nick Müller

Jon Elson wrote:

Are you serious about the 5 - 7 years? I don't think metal (horizontal)
saw blades last that long under ANY circumstances due to the twist applied
to the blade.

No, he isn't! :-)
The "3 tooth"-rule is right. As a note, there are also variable pitch
blades, that claim to be more versatile.

But the interesting thing quality producers say about their blades is,
that you have to cut them in (break them in) before "real use". They
say, that you have to cut several square cm with reduced speed and feed
to dull the blade! And only then, you can go full feed.
I have the impression they are right.

I'm using 6/10 tpi comby blades. With thin tubing, you should also have
0 deg. rake (rake?)

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models