BrianSmedley121

Default Building an extension

x-no-archive: yes
Rod Carrol wrote in message
m...
Hello all,

Maybe you can clarify something for me )

About 5 years ago we converted the loft in our terraced 4 bedroom
house to make it a five bedroom, (the small box room at the top of the
stairs became a 'landing'/computer area and we had two new loft
bedrooms created for our elder sons). The loft conversion is a
'dormer' type.

Now - we'd like to expand the downstairs as we literally only have the
living room and kitchen down there, (together with a downstairs loo
and utility area housing the washing machine/tumble dryer).

Our plan is to make an extension back into the garden and move the
kitchen in there.

What is now the kitchen, (12' x 16') would be gutted and made into a
'family' room/dining room - giving us much needed extra space
downstairs.

If the budget can stretch, I'd like to also go for a porch at the
front - but thats a big 'if'.

Question: A friend says I may have difficulty in getting planning
permission for this because I already have a loft conversion and may
have used up my 'quota'.

Does this sound right?

Any advice appreciated.

Plod.

No, it's totally wrong. Aceptability will depend on design, size, impact on
heighbours, that sort of thing. Go and see your plannng offic ewith a
sketch & get their views.