Alan Deane

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi

About to move into yet another new house, its always been a problem
that the concrete garage floor with new properties, however many
times I sweep/wash them, shed white dust (which I promptly tread into
my wifes new carpets).

I intended to paint the new garage floor with "floor paint" to avoid
this problem, however my mate tells be to beware as he has used floor
paint in his garage and finds that, especially when wet, the car
suffers wheel spin getting into/out of the garage.

Anybody else confirm this ?

I have just bought 5L of PVA to try and seal the floor as an
alternative to the paint.

TIA

I used "garage floor paint" (proper stuff, the oil-resistant "garage"
version, not just floor paint) bought from B&Q to paint on fresh concrete 4
years ago and it's still in excellent condition, the only damage is from
where I've dropped large heavy lumps of metal which has also damaged the
concrete surface below!
I believe the brand I used was International, and I used 2 coats as
reccomended and sealed prior with the reccomended concrete sealer.
No problems from car tyres so far.

Alan.