Martin Angove

Ok, I was going to leave it at that, not mentioning other "news
releases" on the same or similar subject... until I noticed the
following:

http://www.niceic.org.uk/partp/newsitemjan052.html

(the one I quoted)

Says:

Amazingly, electricians have never been regulated despite faulty
electrics causing an average of 12,500 house fires, 750 serious injuries
and 10 deaths each year.

But

http://www.niceic.org.uk/press/prnov044.html

says:

Amazingly, electricians have never been regulated despite faulty
electrics causing an average of 19 deaths and 2,000 injuries every year.

And

http://www.niceic.org.uk/press/prdec043.html

says:

Amazingly, electricians have never been regulated despite faulty
electrics causing an average of 2336 house fires, 750 serious injuries
and 10 deaths each year.

and

http://www.niceic.org.uk/press/prsept0704.html

says:

Despite the fact that faulty electrics result in 19 deaths and over
2,000 non-fatal electric shock accidents each year,

and

http://www.niceic.org.uk/press/prdec03.html

says:

According to Government statistics, fixed electrical installations in
homes in England and Wales cause around 5 fatalities and over 500
non-fatal injuries every year. And 12,500 fires in homes across the
country are reported as having an electrical source of ignition causing
about 25 deaths and 590 nonfatal injuries each year.

and

http://www.niceic.org.uk/consumers/moving.html

says:

According to Government figures, around 10% of domestic fires are
electrical, and of these, a third are directly due to old or bad wiring.
This equates to over 2,000 electric shock accidents and 9,300 electrical
fires in homes every year.

and I'm sure if I looked further I'd see more. So what is it then?

5, 10, 19 or 30 deaths a year?

2336, 9300 or 12500 house fires?

750, 1090 or 2000 injuries?

Or is it just that these people make the figures up on the spot to try
to prove a point?

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... After we pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is NOT our friend!