Brian Sharrock

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , JohnB wrote:
I have purchased a wall mount for the screen, and some
conduit to house the cables

and a stone cutter attachement for a drill.

Don't even think about it on an occupied house - the dust will go
everywhere and still be reappearing in a year.

What I've done to get neat chases is to drill two vertical rows of
holes about 25mm deep either side of the chase which act like
perforations: you can then knock out the chase very easily (by hand or
SDS chisel) without shaking up the wall to much or loosening great
areas of plaster.

Just completed this exact task ... although I used the lot's of holes
technique to sink the box ... (use the envelope masking-taped under
intended position to catch the brick dust); I 'notched' the two edges
of the vertical channel with an 88mm? (SDS) chisel from Screwfix
it's the same width as a single bac-kbox. This seems to give
a line of least resistance so that plaster doesn't flake at the edges.
The bits between the lines was hacked away with a 20mm SDS chisel - again
from Screwfix. I did cover the floor below the work with a bin-liner
bag masking-taped to the floor - {did I mention removing the carpet?)
and had an assistant holding a work-shop vac near the chisel. There
wasn't too much migration of dust.

BTW; the vertical channel must; -
#A;- go vertically iaw Regs ...
#B;- line up with one of the knock outs on the box!
It's unlikely that the box will have a knock-out centrally
so; put the box where it'll line-up with the channel

HTH

--

Brian