Sparkey

Default Anyone here work on Kicker car amps ?

howdy;

This kicker amp (ZR600) is driving me nuts !

It came in with a "hissing" sound coming right from the pc board and it
was drawing a few amps just idling.

What appears to be happening is some kind of open ground problem near
the input/preamp which is creating a high amplitude "hum" overdriving
the output stage into overheating. I have been checking RCA grounds,
open resistors, pcboard cracks. Seems like I'm going round and round
with this.

I'm guessing that the hiss is from the power supply
trying to squat out the power of the output pushing a 60 or 30 hz
signal at full bore !(the hiss actually appears to originate at the
toriod.

Lo and behold another Kicker amp (ZR1000) came in last week.
Guess what ? Same problem !!

I hope someone can help !!!!
Sparkey