J. Clarke

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

And while I'm at it, outlaw or tax the bejeezus out of all privately
owned vehicles over 2500 pounds with engines bigger than 2 litres.

You're gonna look kinda strange hauling plywood with a Honda Civic... and
I think I'll keep my Suburban for deer hunting, thank you very much.

I had hoped that it would be reasonable to assume that trades people
would be given somewhat larger vehicles. I was discussing the insanity
that comes with filling parking lots with urban assault monstrosities to
get a quart of milk, Doug. I also see no reason to drop a single child
off at a school with a 3 tonne SUV driven by the same woman who is
writing letters to the editor bitching and whining about the price of
gas.

Simple fact--Americans like big cars. If we can't have big cars we'll take
big trucks. People don't drive SUVs because they want to drive SUVs, they
drive them because you can't get a full-sized station wagon anymore.

A Suburban to go deer-hunting, albeit overkill, would be somewhat
acceptable if that's all it was used for. Up here in Kanuckistan, you're
not allowed to shoot deer from a moving vehicle, Doug.

No, but you have to get the deer _home_ in something. Of course deer are
small--think moose.

(Nomex=ON) (I forgot who started that Nomex thing, I'm stealing it..and
thanks)

Drive something a little more responsible and walk a little further into
the bush, or buy a Quad if you have problems with your knees/legs, like
I do.

It's not walking in that is the problem, it's hauling out.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate