David

You MIGHT have a problem with the vertical blade guard if you move the
wheels too far. I'd leave the wheels alone if it were me...

Dave

Brian Mahaney wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:36:52 -0400, alexy wrote:

David wrote:

George wrote:

Time to move the wheels forward the thickness of one washer....

Don't do it on a powermatic! I tried that after reading about coplanar
theory. The unit is designed correctly and tracks all blades perfectly
without being coplanar. I put washers in, thinking I was smarter than
the mfgr, and fired it up with a wide blade. No good. Removed the
washer and all my blades track well.

But if he puts the same number of washers on the top and bottom wheel,
isn't he maintaining the original geometry, while moving the whole
thing relative to the guides?

That's what I thought. After all, I wouldn't be attempting to change
anthing except how far out the wheels are. Using the same thickness of
machine bushing would maintain that geometry. I haven't even had a chance
to look at it, but I may do so tonight when I come home from work. Maybe
he's right. Maybe there is something else there, but it sure seems like a
great idea.

Brian