Modat22

Another thing I have found to be extremely useful is an inexpensive spin
index that takes 5C collets. I made a block that it sits on that raises
the axis of spin index to, as exactly as I could make it, the height of
the lathe axis. This allows me to make parts like that shown in
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Throttle.txt
and
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Throttle.jpg
with minimum fuss over setting up.

Ted

Very nice machining, I think making the tools and coming up with ways
to do something the machine wasn't intended for will be the most
interesting part of owning a combination machine of this size.

I'm poor after this purchase so I'll have to make what I can until my
wife stops paying attention to what I'm spending.