John

In article ,
Dave wrote:

I intended to paint the new garage floor with "floor paint" to avoid
this problem, however my mate tells be to beware as he has used floor
paint in his garage and finds that, especially when wet, the car
suffers wheel spin getting into/out of the garage.

Blimey -- his "real" name's not Bruce Wayne is it? [1]

In 1992 I painted my garage floor with a proprietary Concrete Floor
paint (can't remember the name or the maker, but I bought it in a
reputable builder's merchant, and it cost me over 20 pounds then, which
I thought was pretty jolly expensive).

I *also* bought and applied the recommended primer, which seals the
concrete.

The floor is only _just_ beginning to show signs of wear, at parts where
the car's weight sits (i.e. its tyres), and even then it's not
consistent -- probably where I lost concentration, painting.

I poured the paint out of the tin in half-pints, then spread it out,
then brushed it in properly, criss-cross fashion.

John
--
[1] For those even less cool than me: Batman.