Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
wrote:
Funnily enough I took 'open' and 'closed' to mean something rather
different:-

Closed - the grommet is a continuous toroid, but still has a hole
in the middle for the cable.

Open - the grommet is actually just a length of U shaped rubber
but is shaped in a circle so the ends butt together.

IIRC, grommet strip - but you'd need to go to somewhere like RS for this.

Open grommets are much easier to get into the hole in the box than are
closed grommets and, as long as they're the right size, protect the
cable very nearly as well.

They also pull/push out more easily. ;-)

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.