lgb

In article ,
lid says...
Operating a nuclear plant should be held to the highest standards. The
plain fact that coal mines don't is no argument. I repeat: If someone
else operates illegally, irresponsibly, or unethically does not permit
Indian Point to operate their plant(s) in the same manner.

I once helped write a computer monitoring system for a nuke plant. It
was very clear that it would never be used, but the feds required the
plant to have it. Very discouraging to work on a useless system.

And I was a big proponent till I saw the quality of the workers and of
the security system. No thank you.

And that's not even considering the waste disposal problem. All
industry has such a good record at cleaning up after itself :-).

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever