David

Don't do it on a powermatic! I tried that after reading about coplanar
theory. The unit is designed correctly and tracks all blades perfectly
without being coplanar. I put washers in, thinking I was smarter than
the mfgr, and fired it up with a wide blade. No good. Removed the
washer and all my blades track well.

Dave

George wrote:

"Brian Mahaney" wrote in message
However, I would like the blade to be a tracking a little

closer to the center of the wheel. It is close, but not where I would put
it if I had the ability to move it farther back. Also, when I move the
blade by spinning the upper wheel, the blade touches the bearing more

often

than not. It's just too close to be how it's supposed to be. I've
actually considered tapping new holes to mount the assembly. I could
easily mount it closer to the center of the adjustment range. Don't know
why they didn't do that in the first place.

Time to move the wheels forward the thickness of one washer....