David

Your wife attitude sounds identical to mine! She's prodded me into
buying a bit more than I'd planned on. She's ordered a number of gifts
from LV for me. The only tool I'm having trouble convincing her I
should get is a drum sander. Father's Day is coming up, and for that I
suspect there will be some more LV goodies! Xmas always nets me a few
LV goodies too. Gotta love her!

What size is your shop, Brian? I see you say it's "tiny". Mine is in a
2 car garage and I wish it were at least 3 times that size so I'd have
more room for stock, another workbench, and dedicated tall and short
assembly tables. But hey, I'm still having fun with what I've got.

Dave

Brian Mahaney wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:47:05 -0700, David wrote:

Brian, I'm glad to hear you were able to run with my suggestion on the
lower guide assy. Sounds like on mine PM didn't secure the guide assy
in the exact spot they should have, and in your case they may have
drilled the holes off their mark. As I remember, I had to move the assy
all the way back, so any slight error on another unit's bolt holes
might require some machining.

Once you get over this problem, I bet you'll really enjoy the saw.
Using my BS yesterday a lot, I congratulated myself for buying it, after
a disastrous 1 week of owning a Delta. I esp love the blower and light.

Oh, I find that the 1/2" (or is it 5/8" - I'm not sure) blade I use is
sufficient for the big cuts. Many books suggest NOT installing a 3/4
blade onto the 14" "Taiwanese" BS, due to the heavy tension needed.

Dave

I decided to try the 3/4" on a whim because I found it on sale. I already
had a 1/2" on order. If it cuts as good as this 3/4" is cutting, I'll just
leave it on for most cuts. I do like the saw. Even with the cheap blade
that came with it, I like it. I'm even enjoying the light and mobile base
that I got with it. I'm normally a no frills kind of guy, but went above
and beyond for this one.

That reminds me. My wife made me promise to gloat about her because of her
tool policy. She said I could only purchase this band saw if I extol her
virtues to the world so here goes: my wife's policy for tools is that I
should always get the best I can afford. She makes me buy the more
expensive one most of the time because she says, "I don't want to hear you
bitching that it isn't good enough." So, little by little as I can afford
more, I go for the best I can find that will fit in my tiny shop. There it
is. I see a new tool on the horizon for this.

Thanks again,
Brian