Eric R Snow

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:31:34 -0300, "jtaylor"
wrote:

If I get some of that high-percentage silver solder and "tin" a piece of
brass with it, will I get a surface that can be polished and look like a
silver-plated bit of brass?

This because
a) the bit of brass is quite small;
b) silver-plating isn't done locally; and
c) mail-order kits to do silver plating are rather too expensive for this
item

But you can buy the just the solution from Caswell, and other places,
for less than 20 bucks. Using a 1.5 volt power supply and info from
the Caswell web site will enable you to do what you want. The power
supply can just be a single battery cell.
ERS