doug

The wiring is in a separate free standing electrical cabinet.

Motor label reads 220/380 followed by symbols for delta/wye and there
is a wiring diagram on the motor showing the jumper connections for
delta and for wye. It is currently wired for wye. I think I
understand this part.

The electrical cabinet has a sticker showing "480 volts". I believe
that this was put on the cabinet by the former owner.

The components in the cabinet are shown as 220/440 including the motor
starters and the control transformer.

At this point I beleive that I need to do the following:

lnstall the motor jumpers for delta

Change the jumpers on the control transformer for 220. The
primary windings are in series now and they need to be in parallel for
220

Set the motor starter overload thumbwheel to the higher amperage
needed to run the motor on 220. If the setting won't go high enough I
may end up buying a new motor starter and overload. I will try it and
see if it pops.

Does this make sense?

Thanks Doug