CAStinneford

We installed bamboo flooring in an addition over the winter. I bought it
online through http://diyflooring.com and the bamboo was 3"x6'x5/8" and the
natural light color. It could be put down with staples, nails or you could
glue the boards together and put it down as a floating floor. It's been down
about four months now and we love it. We're debating whether to have the oak
floors in the rest of the house refinished or replaced with bamboo. Since we
installed the bamboo ourselves and we wouldn't refinish the oak ourselves,
putting down bamboo would be substantially cheaper than refinished here in
NJ.

"Shaprock" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I failed to note that we were
planning on doing a glue-down (to the slab). Since we have no subfloor
to work with, our only choices are to glue-down or float. The only
floating bamboo that I've seen in town had a fiberboard core, which
didn't look especially robust. I had concluded that glue-down was
really the only option.